Wednesday, September 5, 2012


September 2, 2012

They fumigated the village last night for mosquitoes and I haven't felt well since. I'm not sure if it's the chemicals or tjust he exhaustion from the work and the heat. I am sure I will feel better tomorrow and thankful Scott and I haven't been seriously ill. Our friend Mandy was able to raise funds for school uniforms this year and we purchased them the week after she left Habanero. We distributed the uniforms to two classrooms just two days before the flood. Thankful we didn't distribute all of them because most of the uniforms, clothes and shoes the VBS team brought were swept away in the waters. But, still here are so many things to be thankful for! No one drowned in the flood even though a child was swept away, he was plucked from the water by a neighbor. Oh yeah! The power just kicked on and the fan is blowing. So many things to be thankful for: I made eggs for Scott today with a new pan that Tamra brought for the house when she was here in July. The eggs didn't stick, what a luxury! The “Limbo Films” hat that Gary gave to me when he was here in 2011 that shades my face from the sun, I think of him every time I put the hat on. The inverters that Pam & Dave and Teresa & Randy bought, we couldn't have made it through the nights without them. The rolls of Gorilla tape that Patty & Bruce bought for us, they've taped up many a roof top to stop the rain. A blue BIC pen that works every time I write a new list for the day. The little cups of ice that Scott and I make in the little freezer every night. Insect repellant! These are a few of my favorite things......................

No comments:

Post a Comment