Saturday, October 5, 2019

Wow!  It was just a couple of days ago I said I was going to blog everyday until I got caught up!  And you know when I said that I meant it.  When I was a teenager my Mother would say, "Brenda, the road to hell is paved with good intentions."  You see in her eyes I was a procrastinator.  In my eyes, I was, you know, flexible!  Intentions changed!  I hope you forgive me!  I'm sure you understand in our fast paced life sometimes we just don't get done what we planned to.

So my excuse is that I am working on our Annual Dinner Auction for Evergreen4kids.  Our once a year fundraiser that gives us our budget for the next year.  I've been pulled away into auctionland!  lol  But, I want you to tell you about another teenager............... I want to tell you about Jessica.

Jessica is a former student from King's Way Christian School in Vancouver Washington.  Before she graduated she made her senior project all about Habanero.  Jessica came to Habanero on a mission trip and fell in love with the children.  During her time in Habanero Jessica worked hard and she loved on the children.  She was a huge asset to the team.  While she was in Habanero she saw a need that tugged at her heart.  She purposed in her mind to do something to help and then she followed through and did it!  Jessica saw that there weren't enough beds, with sometimes 4 children in a double size bed.  Some of the mattresses were on the ground, filthly with holes in them and springs sticking up.


Hearts are often touched during a mission trip to a third world country and it can be very emotional to see the conditions that people live in.  It's not unusual for a team member to say they are going to come back or they are going to become a missionary or they are going to somehow make a long term commitment to help.  They want to make a difference.


 Often the team member gets on the airplane to go home with full intentions of returning or helping in some way.  However, it's not unusual that once back in America we find those good intentions have been left at the airport.  We're home back in our regular routine and life goes on.  But that didn't happen with Jessica.  Habanero was imbedded deep in her heart.



Jessica raised over $2,600 for new mattresses.  Our school director Yanet targeted families to receive the mattresses that were the poor of the poorest.  Most without any employment at all.  Jessica returned this summer and distributed mattresses to 20 need families.  So if the road to hell is paved with good intentions..............I guess I have an idea where Jessica heading............. Thanks Jess!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Have read this article very carefully. We are the best driving school. We offer driving lesson Hornsby. Keep poisting this kind of article. Driving Lesson in Hornsby

    ReplyDelete