Monday, July 29, 2013

Ten more days...........




Ten more days and my feet will be on Dominican soil.  I am so very excited and thankful to be going back to Habanero.  I miss the children.  I miss Yanet.  However, I know I will also miss my family and friends that I am in leaving in the USA.  It's a struggle sometimes.............Seems like I'm always leaving someone.

Since my husband Scott has no vacation time he will be staying in Longview.  The last few weekends we've been trying to squeeze in every minute we can together.  Thankfully he will have vacation time next February when I will return to the DR with the dental team.

This trip we have lofty goals for such a short period of time.  I will be in Habanero for just three weeks.  I hope to get the covered play area complete and an outdoor kitchen built.  We also have a team coming that will paint the classrooms, redecorate using bilingual materials, distribute uniforms and backpacks and take photos of the children.  We will be happily busy.

Please keep us in your prayers for safe travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment