Saturday, March 16, 2013


Two weeks after the theft the police arrested a young man who lives in the outskirts of the village.  He is Amanda’s sister’s grandson.  Amanda is a woman that works for the school. 

 
The young man was reported to have purchased a motorcycle, a refrigerator and a goat.  Those items would account for about ½ the stolen money.  The police kept him in jail for four nights and then let him go.  Everyone thinks the police let him go because he gave them the rest of the money.  It could happen, it is very corrupt here.
 
I don’t know if he is guilty or not.  All I know is that it is not someone close to me and I feel better about that.  Amanda says she knew nothing about it and she believes he is innocent.  I believe Amanda, I trust her.

Worse things could have happened.  No one was hurt over this incident.  Only good can come from it as a great learning experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment